Sunday, June 1

Sunday 1st of June is the first day of winter, not that the temperatures in the low twenties and the clear blue skies would betray that. I had heard a rumour that on Sydney's easiest shore dive there where dusky whaler sharks to be found, so early in the afternoon JCJ and I gear up and go take a look for ourselves. Ten minutes into the dive we see the fist one, a little under 3ft long so just a baby. By the end of the dive we had spotted a shark on eight seperate ocassions, so anywhere between one mad fish and eight individuals, all the same sort of size, all keeping a respectable distance from us. I would say that in the hour we saw probably three or four different fish. The dive itself was nice, vis about 8m, no deeper that 6m and the temp around 19 degrees. Plenty of other stuff to see, including a giant cuttlefish which took a liking to JCJ, a nice lionfish, a three bar porqupine fish, lots of cowfish and assorted other usual suspects.

No comments: