Sunday, June 15
Sunday 15th June and we are at Mosman Wharf for an 11:00am pickup by MV Mindarie. A double boat dive with the first dip on The Apartments at Long Reef. A short trip up to the site, gear up and in. The vis was a little ordinary, maybe 10m at best, the water would have been no more than, and maybe not even 18 degrees, there was a bit of surge on the top of the reef, but the seas were pretty flat and the curretn which can hit the site was not running, so things were setup for a nice dive. I'd dived there before, so was on the look out for a nice overhang-come-cave-come-swimthru section. I was buddied up with Justin, Troy and another couple of the guys were goihng to folow us. Yves had dropped the pick just off of the spot I was looking for, so I motioned to Justin who followed me in while the others swam off. Oh well. We spnt about 5 minites swimming through the 'rooms' before heading out and along the reef. Highpoints were a couple of largish wobbegong and schools of yellowtail and pomrfets (sp?) so thick they cut the light out. All in all a very nice dive.
No comments:
Post a Comment