Tuesday, June 10

Monday 9th June and JCJ comes to pick me up for another trip to see our flavour of the month sharks, this time with Andie and Nicole, Andie being the diver and underwater videographer in the making. Fingers needn't have been crossed as I saw the first whaler before I'd even got off of the surface, a little fella of about 2ft about 50m off of the shore. Looking good. The three of us descended and for the next 54minutes we had sharks with us all of the time. At most we had 10 of them swimming around the reef and rocks, circling at reasonable speed just like reef sharks. They were coming within about 3m of us, so we got a good look at them. It was a fantastic dive, as well as the sharks there was large blue groper that liked having it's chin scratched (I know, you shouldn't touch..), a big school of catfish, the usual suspects. The tide was lowich, the water a chilly 17degrees and vis topped out at about 9m. What a show the sharks put on though.

No comments: