Wednesday, October 15

OK, before I forget. Fairlight.

Quick note before I forget...went to Fairlight on Sunday. Entered near the pool in the mid afternoon, confusing Rumpole who had followed me into the water. He swam back to Sal and the two of them follwed my progress from the shore.

It was not too clear and not too cold and was all very nice but not outstanding. Swam pretty well all the way to Manly, sticking close to the rocks as I still havent't bought a flag and in the very nice weather the water was busy with kayakers, small boats and wot not. My head is about the size of a football, and clad in black neoprene does not stick out that much.

Highlights. The fixed lif at Fairlight is nice. Sparse, but nice. Not a lot of fish about, but enough to keep me happy if not excited. What fish there were seemed to treat me warily, as if I were a large cormorant. Of course, as soon as I was under water they lost all fear of me as they realised I was a really big, really shit cormorant. As it happened I saw a cormorant sunning itself on the rocks and managed to get very close to it from in the water, far closer that if I had approached from the land. That was pretty cool.

Had a look and another fail to find that bloody wreck from the surface.

No comments: