I went back to Fairy Bower for more free diving and it was pretty much as good as last week...so no need for me to rattle on about it. Instead, these are the differences...
Low tide and not high. Alone, no JCJ. Cooler - 21 on the surface, two degrees down. Far fewer sharks. I saw three together plus another two...so probably only three but a slim chance of five. JCJ had dived the site on the morning nigh tide and seen no sharks.
Other than that it was all great stuff. My ears were better, I wore my long freediving fins and I was far more comfortable in the water. I spent a bit of time simply swimming along the sand or over the reef. On one occasion I stopped as I noticed how quiet it is without all that scuba noise. I like this. On another occasion I swam back to the surface at an angle, with the yellowtail. Hippy time...it was almost like I was one of the fish.
As I said - like this freediving malrky. Especially as I cycled there and back; how green am I?
No comments:
Post a Comment