A technicality keeps my "always see sharks at the Bower" record intact. I saw no whalers today but either two Port Jacksons or one PJ on two occasions. I suspect the former as the first was, I think, larger than the second.Anyway, I walked Rowlf to the Harbour this morning and saw the water was clear, and felt that it was relatively warm (though my hands were bloody cold, so water temp may have been relative to that.) So I decided that it was a good day to head back to Fairy Bower and swim with the sharks. Only I failed to find any.
The water was clear and warm enough that for the hour or so I was in I did not ge cold in my 3mm. I'll guess it was about eighten degrees. Vis was over 10m again. I headed firrst for the rocks and spent some time in amongst the big schools of bigeye, mullet, garfish and yellowtail. Also found a hree bar porcupine fish and a PJ plus sundry other stuff. I took som ideo and a few pictures and then headed to the southern end of the sight where I found another PJ but, as mentioned, no whalers.
Bugger. But, a superb dip with clear skies above and hardly anyone else in the water.
No comments:
Post a Comment